Is the stress of debt getting you down and you are uncertain of what options to take to make the bill collectors stop the harassing phone calls? Are you at risk of losing your home? Have your debt obligations become unmanageable? You may need to consider retaining the services of an Atlanta Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyer. Call our office at 404-123-4567 for a free consultation to determine what are the best options for debt relief.
What is a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
According to uscourts.gov a Chapter 13 is called a wage earner’s plan. A Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows people who earn a regular income to develop a plan to repay all or part of their debts. Under this chapter of the US Bankruptcy Law, debtors can propose a repayment plan to make installments to creditors over three to five years.
How Do I File Chapter 13 Bankruptcy in Georgia?
- You have to complete the following steps to file a Chapter 13 bankruptcy in Georgia.
- Determine which bankruptcy type is best for you.
- Determine whether to hire an attorney.
- Complete Your Credit Counseling Course
- Complete the Remaining Bankruptcy Forms
- Calculate Your Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Plan
- Filing Your Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Case
- Assignment of Trustee and 341 Hearing
- Attend Your Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Confirmation Hearing
- Complete Your Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Debtor Education Course
- Continue Making Your Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Payments
Do You Need an Atlanta Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney
When hiring a bankruptcy lawyer in Atlanta, experience is always key to a successful Chapter 13 bankruptcy filing. When you hire one of our Atlanta Chapter 13 Bankruptcy attorneys, you are retaini9ng an attorney that understands your intentions, and will help you in making the best decision available. Going through bankruptcy can take a toll on your life, and hiring the best in the area for your situation will go a long way. Contact us by searching, “bankruptcy attorney near me” and take advantage of a free consultation right away. Time is of the essence. Just dial 404-123-4567 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.